HAZLETON, Pa. - The Pennsylvania College of Technology tennis team opened its 2012 season with a sweep of Penn State Hazleton 9-0. The Wildcats dropped only one set in all of its nine matches. Sophomores Nathan Scott (Canton, Conn.) and Adam Smith (Duncannon) proved a one-two punch winning their first and second singles matches, respectively, before pairing up in men's first doubles with a 6-4, 6-1 win.
Freshman Jordan Rodgers (Biglerville) didn't drop a game the entire day winning third singles 6-0, 6-0 and then pairing with freshman Christopher Morrin (Morrisville) to win second doubles 6-0, 6-0. Freshman Tyus Ludwig (Selinsgrove) rounded out the men's competition with a 6-4, 6-2 win at fourth singles.
The Lady Wildcats were just as dominant as sophomore Jenna Walmer (Lebanon) took first singles 6-4, 6-2 while freshman Taylor Lapointe (Pelham, N.H.) won the second flight 6-3, 6-3. Lapointe partnered with freshman Natalie Williams (Bethel) in doubles and blitzed their opponent 6-0, 6-0.
1. Nathan Scott (PCT) def. Tariq Almuai 6-2, 6-3
2. Adam Smith (PCT) def. Brandon Haydt 3-6, 7-5, 10-1
3. Jordan Rodgers (PCT) def. Rohan Bharpway 6-0, 6-0
4. Tyus Ludwig (PCT) def. Alex Pullen 6-4, 6-2
1. Jenna Walmer (PCT) def. Angelica Peters 6-4, 6-2
2. Taylor Lapointe (PCT) def. Janelle Rushton 6-3, 6-3
1. Scott/Smith (PCT) def. Almuai/Haydt 6-4, 6-1
2. Rodgers/Christopher Morrin def. Dylan Memit/TJ Erinz 6-0, 6-0
1. Lapointe/Natalie Williams def. Peters/Rushton 6-0, 6-0