WILLIAMSPORT, Pa. – The Pennsylvania College of Technology tennis team ended its regular season with a decisive 8-1 win over Penn State Lehigh Valley Saturday. The win improves the team to 7- 1 overall and ensures the team a second place seeding going into next week's conference championship. Senior Nicholas Mancuso (Hillsborough, N.J.) and freshman Brent Borton (Bridgetown, N.J.) took first doubles in their first partnership of the season 6-0, 6-2.
Also for the Wildcats, sophomore Nathan Scott (Canton, Conn.) took first singles 6-0, 6-0 as did freshman Jordan Rodgers (Biglerville) at third singles. Sophomore Adam Smith (Duncannon) swept in his second singles match 6-2, 6-1.
Next up, the Penn College travels to State College on Saturday, Oct. 20 for the Penn State University Athletic Conference Championship Tournament. First matches slated to start at noon.
1. Nathan Scott (PCT) def. James 6-0, 6-0
2. Adam Smith (PCT) def. Morrissey 6-2, 6-1
3. Jordan Rodgers (PCT) def. Luadis 6-0, 6-0
4. Christopher Morrin (PCT) win by forfeit
1. Niemi (LV) def. Jenna Walmer 6-0, 6-1
2. Taylor Lapointe (PCT) win by forfeit
1. Borton/Mancuso (PCT) def. Morrissey/Luadis 6-0, 6-2
2. Smith/Scott (PCT) win by forfeit
1. Walmer/Lapointe (PCT) win by forfeit